Saturday 27 October 2012

11 Days to go.

Just over a week and a half till we fly out to NZ for a week.

This week we have booked our flights and booked the accomodation in Rotorua.   Well that is the 5 day section of our 7 day trip so we know where we are staying.  We really should look into the first and last nights soon, in Auckland.

Pohutu Lodge is about one street away from the mtb bike trails.  As we are renting a car to gat about the fact we will be 3-4 mins from the city should be ok.

Today it was my turn to take out Mrs HBR's new bike.  I had to see how the set-up was because there is a significant weight difference between us.  I believe I will be happy enough to just adjust the seat height.

I did a short 2 hour / 20km tootle around Daisy Hill Forest this morning with a mate from work.  He was a long time 'roadie' who got into mountain bikes about 2 years ago.  He is pretty strong but currently lacking in 'obsticales' and navigation.  He seems to be picking it up pretty well though.

The ride, today, was the first time I have spent much time on a dual suspension bike.  I guess I expected it to feel a lot more different than I found it.  My riding buddy said the bike looked really smooth and effortless over the terrain.  That's what we would expect so I guess it was working.

Mrs HBR will get to take the bike out again and then it will be time to strip and pack it for the trip.

I bought a helmet the Lucas HBR today,  It's a cute little thing.  I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

Hopefully Lucas HBR will receive a 'wee ride' bicycle seat shortly and he can come out for a ride on the quiet bike paths in the near future.

I also picked a bike rack for the back of my car so I will be able to transport a bike from time to time.   Currently I have been borrowing Mrs HBR's car which the bikes wil only JUST fit into.   I cannot locate a  decent tow bar 2nd hand for my car as they always seem to be removed from sale not long after they are advertised.  I have priced up the roof rack version but that quickly mounts to 500 bucks. 

If there is a chance I'll see about fitting it up tomorrow and banging a bike onto it. 

Gee I have a few things to do tomorrow it seems, good thing it wil be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.