Monday 14 April 2014

2 Posts a year.. not too bad.

Well another year passed, it's now April again.  This one is 2014.

I have managed to get out on the bicycles a lot more this year.  Actually since February it's been mostly every second Sunday at least.  Well, that is just a dirt ride for myself. 

The Boss, The Boy and I have managed a few rides together. We have bought the boy a 'Croozer' bike trailer.  It's really quite cool and he loves riding in it.

You can just see it there in the background attached to one of the bikes.  This is one of the times we have packed it up about 4.30 and headed to a park, about 5-6 km away, taken sausages and had dinner there then rode home. Summer is awesome.

Against the tree in the background is a 'balance bike' we got him for Christmas.  These are bikes without pedals and little kids just learn to ride and coast.  They learn to balance without using training wheels, well that's the plan anyway.

My own rides have been really quite enjoyable.  I have been riding from home to Daisy Hill Forest, doing a 20 km lap there then usually riding home.  It's about 17 km each way and takes just under an hour.  The 20 km lap with some friends has a good proportion of stopping and waiting or catching of breath so we usually ride for about 2 hours or so. 

I reckon 4 hours and 50 odd km isn't too bad for a Sunday morning.

I'll try to get back to this tomorrow to finish it off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.