Friday 21 November 2014

I have a goal.

There are plans afoot.  They may or may not come off.

I have a desire to go compete at the NZ Single Speed Championships to be held over the Anzac Day weekend in 2015.   For you heathens that's around the 25th April.

SS Champs 2015

Being realistic there is little to nil in the chance of coming home with anything to show except an expensive credit card debt.  To be honest if one comes home with any rewards I suspect they have not understood the implied concept.

I am of the understanding that these are not really the most serious of events.  The race should be a 50km circuit of the magnificent pine forests in Rotorua, there are lots of long and steep fire roads to climb but an extraordinary amount of near perfect flowy single tracks to zip back down.

I am told there are some short-cuts available to be 'bought' to shorten your race however the price is to either; Drink a beer (stubbie) or if you don't drink then you can eat a weetbix (I suspect it will be dry).   the 'penalty' may be a slog of a climb or an extra trail.  Of course you may be being set up as well.

This is a video of one trail names 'Corners'  Depending on your skill level there are stories of this trail, since extended and tidied up, taking between 12 and 15 mins top to bottom.

This is not a Down Hill event, the one where they all wear those Ninja Turtle suits with armour and padding.  this is classed as Cross Country although watching that video I think I'd like some padding.

I have located flights and need a week off.  Flights should come in under $ 700 return.  It fears me that this might be the cheap part.

I have permission to go from the family but I need to build some 'credit' first.   The Boss believes the family should go over (again) just to suss out the trails and become reacquainted with the town sometime before April.  I wonder if late March counts.

I recently left my job and am currently seeking replacement employment. I am unsure how this will all work out just yet but I am getting some training in.

See if I can write more soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.