Saturday 3 December 2011

Bikes of a different kind, still ride as sweet

I am adding the bike I have which is rather awkward to lift up onto my hanging bike rack.

I bought this new in Feb 2002.   The photo looks a little odd, all out of perspective.  In case it doesn't make sense it's a Ducati 900 SSie.  During the first 5 years I had it I sure racked up the mileage.  By that time I had about 60 000km on the clock.  in the past 4 years I've struggled to clock up another 10 000km.

It's pretty much standard, apart from slip on pipes, slightly different profiled tyres and a little carbon.  I've been offered a set of half fairings as track day parts but not collected them yet.  To this point I haven't taken it to the track, I am in too much fear of it falling over.  This has been a great bike, never given me any troubles and has been super reliable.  Gets over 20 km per litre.. 


Mrs Hanging bike rack decided she didn't like being on the back of mine. I admit it was after spending about 2 500km as a pillion over 5 days back in 2007.  In any case by 2008 she had her open licence and had her heart set on a Ducati 750 Monster.   We finally found a 1999 model which she bought with 21 000 km on it.  I don't know if it was intentional  for her to buy a matching colour but I do know she was set on a Ducati.

We are very lucky to have such beautiful bikes.

I write about these bikes today because I have a chance to get out on mine this Sunday.  It is with some blokes I work with, I'm not sure I'll finish the day with them, I have the impression it will be a real 'tour' with some bird watching and lookouts.  I might well be doing them an injustice..  but we'll see.  With a bit of luck I'll post up some pics over the next couple of days..

I'm looking forward to getting out on the mountain bike again Monday night.  Hopefully the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.