Sunday 11 December 2011

Car Shopping

I have finally decided to get a bit more serious about replacing my car. I have an old 87 Hilux which has served my well for the past 14 years or so.  With a baby due anytime in the next 2-3 weeks I feel maybe 4 doors would be a good thing for a while.

I have my thoughts set on a WRX currently.  I spent most of my life growing up involved with motor sports.  I've stepped away from it a few years ago, a decision I took to appease some-one else.  When I met my wife I found her brothers were involved in the same car clubs I grew up with.  Mike has renewed my interest in going back to some easy club level events so a car that can be a little competitive as well is high on my list.  It has been good sharing information and set-ups with him.  Mike kindly let me co-drive his car.  I had a ball plus it was great to catch up with some old friends and faces.

I still love my motorbikes and mountain bikes I find that my climbing has wained of late.  I think it's coming to another time to reduce something.  Geeze that will be an understatement when this bub arrives.

On a more sad note, I feel the Single Speed will be headed home this week.  I'd like to drop it into the shop for a final clean up before handing it back.   It will be going onto the market but with the soon purchase of this car, reduced income and Christmas it is just not possible to afford it.  It's not really that sad, I am sure it will go to a good home, plus I have had an absolute ball riding it for the past few months.  I think if and when things settle down I'll be selling my carbon bike to get a 29 SS..

Just to add to all this, we are considering getting a new camera.  You see the difference between individual and joint purchases?  hahahaha.  OK well I am pushing for a newer camera, we both have older point and shoots, mines in pieces and Mrs Hanging Bike Racks has a battery that takes about 3 photos before needing re-charging.  the down side to this is I am a Nikon fan and she likes Cannon.  It's funny but that's like being either Holden or Ford, Coffee or Tea and Mac or PC.  OK not really like Mac and PC..  Mac owners are all like I-Sheep anyway.

Not much for photos today, maybe I'll see what I can find next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.