Thursday 1 December 2011

Here comes the rain.

You can tell it's summer in Queensland, December ONEth the weather brueau is predicting storms EVERY afternoon, the first cricket test gets rained out and we, as mountain bikes, should be avoiding the tracks and trails during the rain until it's dried out again.

It can be challenging when it seems to pour with rain every Friday and Saturday.   Some places and tails will dry faster so choice of areas should be the priority.  Mtb Dirt has trail maps and info about the trails aropund Brisbane and environs along with knowledge about what places dry fast or places to avoid in the rain.

Monday 28th, just gone, saw another night ride at Daisy Hill.  Looks like we are getting back on track with 6 riders, it's always good in a group around this size.  We were out for about 2 1/2 hours this week, lots of chances to catch your breath.  A few guys were recovering from a 4 hour event at Woodenbong, just over the NSW border.  the pace was down a little however these guys are strong.  I got to take the SS again, I am loving the way it rides, managing to hold my own and not lag too much.


Wednesday I was killing some time at a local shopping centre, just waiting for Mrs Hanging Bike Rack to finish at the doctors. Wandering past my favourite toy shop in that centre ( they have some cool kids electric cars) and out the front spotted these.   50cc pocket bikes.  They are not really un-common however to see them inside the shopping centre is a little odd.

I think if I am lucky I could get the Ducati Fila one..   but I doubt it.
I sent to pic to a friend who immediately wanted to know how much they were.

Please remember that if you are reading this and Christmas has been, the prices will be all wrong.

I reckon Smarty WILL buy one the FILA bike..  I hope they get another one.

To be honest while I'd love one, I am more keen on an open wheel race electric car.  I think it would make a great toy for my soon due son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.