Friday 23 December 2011

This takes time.

Gee it's hard to keep up.
I think a week has gone past, nothing added but a lot has happened.

Last Friday I picked up my new 'family' car.  I got this black MY03 Subaru WRX.   A private sale from a lad planning to head to Canada for a couple of years.

It seems to be a fairly honest car, quite standard and not even the big exhaust.  I really like that. It has a different stereo head unit and had secondary amps and big sub in the boot.  It was negotiated for him to keep the amp and sub as these were not of interest to our lifestyle.  In saying that the sub was not really secure inside the boot, just tagged around the edges to stop some movement.

It has about 160 000km on the clock but this was the first time I has seen this model drop into my price search window.  I feel fortunate to have collected it.

We transferred the rego on Monday afternoon so it's all ours now, done and dusted.

Why would I be calling it a family car?  It has 4 doors and Mrs Hanging Bike Rack is due to shortly deliver our first child.

As it turned out IS became HAS on Tuesday morning 20th.  Mrs HBR decided the baby was coming about 5 am although she had no contractions.  The decision was made to induce her about 9 am and at 12.31pm, 3 hours later, we had a son. No time for drugs in this house.

Little Lucas arrived quite quickly and without much fuss.  Mum and bub have been doing fine, dad still a little traumatised.  Many thanks to Sunnybank Private Hospital and all the great staff.

He's been feeding and sleeping well so far and I guess there is not much more one can ask for.

The plan is for them to be home on Saturday 24th December, just in time for Christmas.  Is is rude of us that we have no presents for his first Christmas?  I'm sure we'll pay for that in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.