Saturday 24 December 2011

Happy Birthday to me

Thursday was my 48th birthday, apparently, as I was a little too young to remember the first few so I need to take other peoples word for it.


It was fortunate in some ways that I convinced Mrs HBR to let me have my birthday present a couple of weeks early because Lucas would have really put a dampener on the day if she hadn't picked up anything for me.

I got a new motorbike suit.  I actually picked it up a few weeks ago and got to use it that day I went riding (see previous blog post).  It's a great fit, pretty much perfect. You might not have seen the branding around much, it's made my Ricondi.  Ricondi is a shortened version of Riding Conditions and is owned by a mate of mine.  This is really a one off suit, there are carbon fibre surrounds to the titanium plates on the shoulders and knees.  The body leather is perforated and is fantastic once you're actually moving and even gives me a six pack with the padded mouldings across my abs.  Thanks Andrew it's a great suit.

Having expressed all that, it's not the first Ricondi suit in our family.  This is the suit I got Andrew to make for Mrs HBR for Christmas last year.  It was the first custom suit and also the first (and I think only so far) women's suit produced.  He got it made so quickly it's still missing all the tags and logos.  Early this year we went to a display day for his business and Mrs HBR was wearing the suit.  I negotiated to steal a set of his used track sliders so she could have some pre-used pucks to make her look cool..  I'm not sure she really understands the need though.

Starting to lose focus on the bike rack thing I notice.. haha.

Lucas is coming home today, Christmas eve, but I'll write some more on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review and add soon.